- Artists should educate themselves about the value of Non Fungible Tokens (NFTs) to expand their portfolios and make a living from their work;
- NFTs allow artists to own their work and potentially earn royalties from sales and resales;
- NFTs provide a unique way for artists to authenticate their work as genuine;
- NFTs are unique, verifiable digital assets with distinct identifiers;
- NFTs can be created on the BSV blockchain with low fees and high flexibility;
- Creature Chronicles is a multiverse project backed by Anthony Francisco, aiming to allow fans to profit from their creations;
- NFTs don’t necessarily have to solve a problem – they are another platform for artists to sell their work;
- Selling on-chain NFTs offers benefits such as instant payments, micropayments, and recurring royalties;
- NFTs on the BSV blockchain offer affordability, flexibility, security, scalability, interoperability, transparency, and accessibility.
Artists who are looking to expand their portfolios and continue to make a living from their work need to educate themselves about the value of NFTs and how they can benefit from them, says Anthony Francisco, Founder of Creature Chronicles.
Speaking at the Philippine Blockchain Week, Francisco noted that NFTs allow artists to truly own their work and potentially earn royalties every time a piece is sold or resold. He added that the NFT market is still relatively untapped and that the tokens provide a unique way for artists to highlight that a piece is authentic and genuine.
A blockchain NFT, or Non-Fungible Token, is a unique, verifiable digital asset representing a wide range of use cases, from art and collectables to real estate and in-game items. Each NFT has a distinct identifier, making it distinguishable from other tokens.
They can be created on the BSV blockchain with low fees and high flexibility, enabling affordable access to a multitude of potential applications. NFTs leverage the inherent strengths of the BSV blockchain, including its security, scalability, and efficiency.
What is Creature Chronicles?
Creature Chronicles is a multiverse stemming from the mind of Marvel Studios visionary Anthony Francisco and backed by Dolphin Entertainment.
Fanfiction is historically based on copyrighted material and therefore struggles to be monetised. People dedicate huge amounts of time to creating content and artwork on top of pre-existing material. Despite the effort put in, legal boundaries prohibit these individuals from being able to sell their creations.
In an ideal world, that fan would own that IP and be able to profit from sales around it. Creature Chronicles aims to buck this trend by setting a new standard and reward members for helping to mould its future and all the directions it could take.
NFTs don’t have to solve a problem
Francisco said that there is a misconception that NFTs have to ‘solve a problem’, but that artists should simply see it as another platform to sell their work. He added that there are numerous benefits to selling pieces which are on-chain including instant payments and micropayments.
He pointed specifically to the ability to earn recurring payments through royalties every time a person buys and resells a piece on-chain. This fundamentally changes the way that artists have worked for years, as they no longer have to constantly push out work to earn a living.
NFTs on the BSV blockchain
The BSV Blockchain allows for unparalleled low-cost, flexible, and secure NFT protocols. Some of the key benefits of NFTs on the BSV blockchain include:
- Affordability: Low fees for NFT creation and transfer.
- Hybrid tokens: Flexible, non-fungible UTXO-based tokens.
- Security: Strong protection for NFT assets on the BSV blockchain.
- Scalability: Large-scale transaction capacity for diverse projects.
- Interoperability: Integration with various token protocols.
- Transparency: Trust and authenticity through verifiable transactions.
- Accessibility: Global reach due to low fees and flexible structures.